Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Under35 Opening Party.

Last Friday, I had the pleasure of attending the Under35 opening party hosted by BankART1929 in Yokohama. Under35 is a project series for young artists under 35 years of age, and produced in collaboration with various galleries. The opening party took place at BankART Studio NYK and exhibitions covered all three floors of the building.

I was graciously invited on the day of, and I really had no idea what to expect when I went. But as it turns out, I had such a lovely, lovely time, and met so many amazing artists both local and from abroad. It is so inspiring to be a part of such an uplifting and powerful gathering of individuals who are all passionate about art and the creative process.

I am very grateful for having been given the opportunity to attend such an event. In addition to seeing a lot of stimulating artwork and performances, I was able to converse with many different people, both young and more mature. Art really does connect people and provide a base for people to identify with one another.

And with some wine and delicious Korean food (made by the artists themselves!) on the first floor, shirasu and nihonshu on the third floor, and great company throughout the night, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thank you, fellow art lovers! It was the best first night in Yokohama.

No comments:

Post a Comment